Healthy and Delicious Recipes and Easy ways to Cook them.
Healthy Recipes, There are several ways to enjoy cooking and eating healthy . If you are not an experienced cook then the thought of opening the cabinets in the kitchen could even frighten you . When you are trying to eat healthy it is helpful to learn to how cook . Learning to cook can be easy if you start with simple recipes and easy cooking methods. In the lets start cooking articles below there are step-by-step cooking instructions and easy recipe ideas that will help the beginner cook and the experienced. So grab your aprons and lets start cooking.
Healthy Cooking Methods.
Steaming, is a great way to enjoy healthy recipes and easy ways to cook them, this can be done in the micro -wave , On the stove , In a wok or a steaming pot. Once your water is heated to over 200 degrees it becomes steam allowing you to lock in all the nutrients, Vitamins and minerals . You can steam meat, fish , seafood, Potatoes and vegetables. Steaming can be a fast and an efficient way to cook even when you are in a hurry.
- How to steam , Fill your wok or pot with water make sure the water is not touching the bottom of the steamer.
- Place your steamer or colander into the pot making sure you use the right amount of water.
- Break up your vegetables into pieces you can use tongs or a spoon to move them around so all of your food is steamed. When steaming fish or seafood make sure you also separate them and try to keep large pieces of fish from touching.
- When steaming meat or fish you can use broths or stocks that help flavor the protein. Steam meat and fish for 8 to 15 minutes, Steam your solid vegetables for up to 4 to 8 minutes. You can grease the steamer with non stick spray or butter.
- Once your food has been steamed carefully take off the lid and enjoy your healthy dinner or lunch.
- Enjoy your healthy Recipes and easy cooking methods.
Steaming Hot Healthy Recipes.
Steamed White Fish , Great Healthy Recipes
Health Recipe 1, Choose Your favorite white fish for steaming, If you are not familiar with whites fish here are some delicious choices.
There are several ways to season and flavor steamed fish. Adding a bed of spinach sauteed in white wine or olive oil adds a great balance to a healthy meal. Steamed green onions and tomatoes are also great additions to a tasteful appealing dish . Using light dressings like balsamic glaze or a tangy aioli add superb flavor if you distribute lightly. This will still remain a Healthy Recipe.
Japaneses White Fish Recipe
Most healthy Recipes include fresh Vegetables
- 4 fillets firm fleshed white fish. Steam time varies depending on the thickness of the fish.
- 1 inch long piece of peeled and julienne ginger
- Banana Leaves ( Set aside banana leaves)
- ½ pound of Julienne asparagus (Set aside asparagus)
- 1 cup sliced white onion
- 3 stalk of green scallion, cut into 1 inch long strips
- 2 carrots cut into 3 in long Juliane slices
- 1 – 2 long red chillies, finely sliced (optional) for spice
- Cut vegetables and combine Ginger, White Onion, Green Onion , Carrots and chilies in mixing bowl. Set aside asparagus and banana leaves.
Sauce Easy Soy Vinaigrette
- /2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Then set to the side.
Marinade and Steam.
- Place white fish in a shallow baking pan. Lightly sprinkle salt and cracked pepper over fillies. Spread your vegetables that you set aside earlier over the white fish fillies evenly. Lightly drizzle the (Soy Vinaigrette) dressing that you prepared earlier over the fillies. Set in your refrigerator and let marinade for 30 minutes.
- Remove fillies and vegetables from marinade and transfer to steamer. Thinly line steamer with banana leaves. Place fish fillies so that they are not touching or over lapping each other.
- Steam fillies for 5 minutes and then add asparagus. Continue to steam until fish is done about another 2 to 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove white fish and enjoy with steamed rice or noodles.
You can look forward to more Healthy recipes and healthy cooking methods coming soon .
Enjoy your Health Recipes.